Interview: Violeta Arriaga, photographer
Violeta is a photographer and teacher from Ciudad Real, Spain. She does personal projects of artistic photography.
You can find her here:
- Hi Violeta, how long have you been working as a photographer now?
I am working as a photographer since 2015.
- What inspired you to become a photographer? What were your first steps?
I studied Fine arts and I discovered photography, in second year of my degree, I like a lot and I decided to do the specialization in image and photography when I finished my degree, I studied a master of photography, since them I am working in different projects.
- Are you a professional or an amateur photographer?
I am a professional photographer but I am always learning new things about lighting or editing photos.
- What is your favorite subject to photograph?
My favorite subject are artistic photography, to be more concrete portraits but I like also travel photography, I like a lot photography of films I have participated in a little film in ciudad real as a still photography and director photography.
- What kit do you shoot with?
I have a Canon 5D mark II I have two lens a 24-105mm lens and a 50mm lens.
- How would you define your photographic style?
- Which editing software do you usually use?
Lightroom and Photoshop.
- John Wanamaker said: Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is, I do not know which half. Do you gain your clients by advertising or in another way?
No I don’t have clients in this moment I do personal projects or collaborate with other people in projects but I show my projects in instagram and website in order to people knows my job.
- How does your typical working day look like?
When I have a photography session, I take the photos with the model, I have a previous in my mind and a plan to do but I like improvise any shoots too, I take the photos and then a make a selection and then in the same week I started to editing the photos,
- What do you do when you are not working?
When I don´t work I learning new things of photography like editing or lighting, follow another photographers, now I am learning in an online school name DR escuela.
- How many hours/days per week are you working?
2 days per week.
- What do you do in your free time?
I like watching films, I like travelling, I usually go to the cinema and I pass time with my family and friends.
- What would you do differently if you would start again?
If I started again I´d probably study photography from the beginning photography or audiovisual communication.
- What was the best advice you have ever received as a photographer? Do you have any advice for other photographers?
I guess the best advice I`ve ever received is that you have to work day by day and not give up. I think my advice is the same.
- Top 3 mobile apps on your smartphone
- Top 3 websites?
- Your last vacation?
My last vacation was in Barcelona one year ago.